Vacuum Melting & Casting
Vacuum investment casting is the process used in lost-wax technique to get a metal replica from wax or resin patterns.
The pattern is designed and then built in wax or resin by different equipment as CNC, 3D printers, by means of wax injection in a mould, or even manually.
You may use either investment molds or metal permanent molds.
Furnaces or complete foundries setup for casting of Au, Ag, Pt or Pd alloys can be supplied for any application, including vacuum melting into permanent molds.
- TVC Vacuum casting machines (dual chamber system) to get detailed and porosity-free surfaces;
- TCE Centrifugal vacuum casting machines for high performance levels of the metal, thin and large surfaces, difficult and detailed parts;
- TVM Vacuum Induction Melting Furnace (VIM) pouring by gravity, to pour large ingots of Platinum and PGM alloys with reduced porosity;
- FCC Burnout furnaces for wax / resin removal and refractory mould baking.
TOPCAST also provides installation and commissioning on site.
TOPCAST’s induction furnaces design uses the latest and most advanced IGBTs modules available worldwide.
IGBT-based proprietary design, high-performance induction generator is equipped with soft-switching and frequency automatic tracking technology.
Powders / Atomizer
For precious metal powder production, TOPCAST has developed water and gas Atomizing Furnaces, complete with cyclone filtering system and dryer for a key in hands solution. Gold alloy powders and silver alloy powders are commonly used in SLM systems for 3D rapid prototyping of jewellery.
Ingots, Sheets, Rods, Tubes, Grains
TOPCAST designs and manufactures vacuum and inert-gas furnaces for precious metal ingots, sheets, rods and grains production in batch production.
Recovery & Refining
For the refinery and recovery of precious metals, precious ashes melting, alloy homogenization and scraps melting, TOPCAST proposes its wide line of Induction Melting Furnaces, starting from 5 kW to 500 kW.
Joystick-assisted crucible tilting mechanism is provided either with electro-mechanical or hydraulics control.
Supplies may also include water chillers, fume extraction systems and all ancillary equipment for foundries.
Assay & Test
For precious metal assaying TOPCAST proposes a key-in-hand solution for cupellation assay lab. The offer includes:
- drill, precision balance and assay preparation mill;
- a fast and efficient induction cupellation furnace for assays on multiple sample at a time, capable of reaching the working temperature in very short times. To save energy, the oven can be switched off after work without compromising the heating system;
- separating hood for multiple assay and fumes scrubber;
- training of personnel in assay laboratory in the area of Arezzo, Italy.