Vacuum Casting Machine for Sheets and Rods
This family of furnaces are used to produce high quality semi-finished product, like sheets or rods, starting by raw materials melted by induction heating in a protective atmosphere and then poured in vacuum into an ingot mould, that can be in copper, in graphite or other materials.
Melting and pouring phases are protected by inert gas, which can be chosen between Argon, Nitrogen or Helium.
The induction field is designed to guarantee a strong homogenization of the alloy thanks to the stirring effect of the magnetic field which works while the metal is being melted in the crucible.
The machine is fully automatic having a countless number of programs for every kind of alloy.
The control logic is provided with a PC based data acquisition system aimed to sample the process variables with reporting function after every casting cycle. Data can be display in graphic format or exported to external PC for analysis.
The furnace can be provided with an Oxygen analyser to control and monitor the ppm of oxygen present in the melting chamber during the cycle.
TECHNOLOGY and FEATURES
Gas Purging Procedure
- Crucible loading operation introduces oxygen
- The Gas Purging procedure removes the oxygen with Argon, Nitrogen or Helium gas.
- Advanced Self Tuning thermoregulation (AST™) with exact temperature control of the melted alloys
- Two Thermocouples Temperature Measurement:
- One Thermocouple in the stopper
- One Thermocouple inside the crucible wall
- Medium frequency induction heating stirs the melted alloy and leads to a perfect homogeneity
- Pulse Stirring Management (PSM™) for an extremely low frequency stirring
Injection and Flow Control
- When the stopper lifts up, it is very important to control the injection rate to increase consistency in metallurgical properties
- TVC has the unique feature to have the injection rate controllable and programmable (IRC™)
- The metal exits the crucible with a narrow, constant and straight beam. Turbulences can be controlled and minimized acting on the program’s parameters.
|Crucible volume||500 cc||2-3 liter||4 liter||7 liter|
|Crucible capacity||7 kg Gold
4 kg Silver
|42 kg Gold
24 kg Silver
|56 kg Gold
32 kg Silver
|90 kg Gold
50 kg Silver
|Mould max diameter (mm)||150 / 200||350||350||350|
|Mould max height (mm)||300 / 400||600||600||600|
|Induction heating power||12 kW||25 kW||35 kW||45 kW|
|Pressure over vacuum||1 bar||1 bar||1 bar||1 bar|
|Max temperature||1250°C / 1600°C|
|Monitoring system for data acquisition|
|Mould check before casting|
|Vacuum leakage detector|
|Main alloys||Gold (Au), Silver (Ag), Copper (Cu), Brass, Bronze, Aluminium (Al) and their alloys|
Provided – Available on request